Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day Gift Card Basket

Happy Mother's Day Mom - I so miss you.  So, I dedicate this post to you!  Last year I made that amazing "Flower Garden" basket for Pastor Teresa (our Pastor's wife...who BTW, sings like an amazing angel).  There is no way I could top that - EVER, so you just have to move your creative thoughts onto something different. 

This year, I decided to skip making 'a big bow', and really, the only ribbon I used was to cover the handle of the basket.  The picture doesn't show it, but the ribbon was an off-white, with an iridescent pink to the design.  The colors in the iridescence matched the colors in the Victorian looking butterfly.  Add some beautifully colored flowers and some leaves, and Voila!  A basket is born.

Front View

Back View

Butterfly



I believe this is the last one until October.  I truly love making baskets.  It conjures up.....thoughtful imagination.  Until next basket.
                                                                  ............Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment