I decided I would take up the challenge and take Michelle through my procedure of creating a card. However, secretly my intention was to have her make it without realizing it. No intimidation, right? I started with laying out several color combinations of paper ahead of time. When she came in and saw all the pretty colors her eyes just lit up. (Off to a good start!) I suggested we make a card for her sister and she decided it should be a Mother's Day card. We talked about her sister's personality and what colors would go with it. We narrowed it down to two basic colors rose and white, and one patterned paper with flowers and two old-fashioned girls from the 20's. Next, I encouraged her as she picked out embellishments that would enhance the card. I gave her some pointers on how to layout the card and here's what she made. Isn't it beautiful?
This was an incredible process for both of us. Michelle got to learn there is creativity in all of us. The smile on her face when she saw the finished product, well...it was incredible. It was joy, pride, beauty, happiness, and love all rolled into one. I realized that is exactly how I feel when I create a card or gift for someone. For me, there is no greater feeling than seeing that joy in someone's face. So for those of you who have the desire to make anything, let go of the fear! Go take a class at a local craft store or community college. Whatever you make won't be perfect the first time, but it will continue to get better with practice. And here's a little secret: there is usually some little thing you won't like or a little mistake you make that only YOU will notice. NO ONE else will notice, so please don't make the mistake of pointing it out. It will only decrease the joy in both the giving and receiving. I challenge you to take the first step towards something new and fun. Send me a note to share your experience. I'd love to hear from you.
Since I shared with you my secrets, I will confess to you my weakness. I am a paper junkie! I love paper: colorful, patterned, loud, vintage, pretty. I just love combining it all together. I try to keep it under control, but then I see things like what is listed on the Posh Designs Scrapbook Store networking site. It's Blog Candy! YUM! There are opportunities to fulfill a Card Challenge or just post the "Blog Candy" and win prizes like this. Take a look.
- Only one entry per person
- Post your name and the link to your blog where you mention this candy and if you don't have one just spread the word out okay?!
• 36 (3 sheets of each pattern) single sided 6x6 sheets - Sassafras Lass CHERRY DELICIOUS wee bundle
• 36 (3 sheets of each pattern) single sided 6x6 sheets - Sassafras Lass NERDY BIRD wee bundle
• 36 (3 sheets of each pattern) single sided 6x6 sheets - Sassafras Lass APPLE JACK wee bundle
• 30 single sided 6x6 sheets - Pink Paislee QUEEN BEE paper pad
• 30 single sided 6x6 sheets - Pink Paislee 365 DEGREES paper pad
• 30 single sided 6x6 sheets - Pink Paislee BAYBERRY COTTAGE paper pad
The Internet takes crafting to a whole new level! Come join the fun.
See what happens when you use a little imagination?